As a company, Great Northern Instore feels a responsibility to help the world and people around us. We have the means to make a difference and we intend to take advantage of our position to help others and the environment.
Great Northern Instore has four core values that drive our company forward and help us to share our success with our team members and surrounding communities:
- Integrity: We push ourselves to do the right thing even when it’s difficult because we know the value of honesty and trust.
- Personal growth: Our goal is to improve our products and processes and do our best work for customers every day.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: With a team of creative and intelligent designers on our side, we strive to embrace change and introduce innovative solutions to our work.
- Shared future: We are all in this together when it comes to protecting the environment and our future, and Great Northern Instore takes steps to do our part.
We have three pillars to meet our social responsibilities as a corporation.
1. Social Pillar
At Great Northern Instore, we take our social responsibility seriously. Our team members are important to us, so we aim to protect their well-being by:
- Prioritizing safety: We always have leadership teams on-site to ensure our employees and systems comply with applicable laws and regulations. We also have safety procedures, policies and programs in place, and we strive to continually make improvements that protect our team members.
- Integrating health programs: Great Northern Instore team members benefit from dedicated and consistent health resources, such as annual health risk screenings, health initiatives, fitness reimbursements and preventive health insurance.
- Creating a beneficial work environment: We cultivate an equal environment free from discrimination and harassment. We also ensure our workplace is OSHA-compliant, clean, modern, drug-free, tobacco-free and well-lit to ensure safety and comfort.
2. Environmental Pillar
Great Northern Instore prizes environmental responsibility. We believe companies should decrease their ecological impact as much as possible through eco-friendly initiatives. Our company attains sustainability in two ways — assisting customers with meeting sustainability goals and reducing our own carbon footprint.
As a company, we design our merchandising products in an environmentally friendly way by:
- Choosing sustainable materials from end-product suppliers who provide compliance letters.
- Using eco-friendly production processes.
- Producing almost all recyclable corrugated packaging products, except for our wax-coated corrugated items.
- Minimizing waste during transport and delivery by plotting more efficient routes and wisely using the space in our trailers.
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) certification.
3. Economic Pillar
Our corporate social responsibility also extends to our economic dealings. Great Northern Instore aims to conduct honest and ethical business at all times, with zero tolerance for anything related to bribery, embezzlement, corruption or extortion.
Our materials come from reliable and upright suppliers who uphold various qualities that we strive for, including:
- High-quality service and products.
- Fair labor standards.
- Trustworthy delivery.
- Ample lead time.
When we uphold these pillars, we hope to achieve our corporate social responsibility to our team members, customers and the world.