In 2010, Rich Carrigan, then President of United Displaycraft, decided to take on a significant energy conservation initiative by implementing a solar array installation at its manufacturing facility in Des Plaines, IL. The solar solution was easy, maintenance-free, and provided such a quick return on investment that he decided to ‘double-down’ and expand capability in 2014. It was the largest solar array installation in the state of Illinois. The investment in solar has paid for itself multiple times over.
The commitment to sustainability continues through its new owner, Great Northern Corporation. Click here to learn more about the significant sustainability initiatives at Great Northern Instore’s Des Plaines manufacturing location.
News Coverage of the Des Plaines, IL Solar Initiative:
- Retail Display Leader United Displaycraft Doubles Down on Solar
- Richard Carrigan, Clean Energy Perspectives, The PEW Charitable Trucsts
- The Power of Solar: Rich Carrigan Uses Rooftops to Fuel a Revolution, YPO-WPO Community
- Even old-line manufacturers are hopping aboard the solar bandwagon, Crain’s Chicago Business
- Solar Power Displays Savings & Sustainability, Chicagoland, Buildings & Environments